Tuesday, March 3, 2009

long trip

Just so you know, it is long. The trip is long: approximately 1200 miles. The landscape suffers from winter’s dull colors: gray. brown, dead-green, dingy yellow. Rand and I drove through several storms; so there was lots of gray (although many different shades). We also drove through sleet and snow. That’s not something I was planning on; so needless to say there was nothing appropriately packed for that kind of weather.

The trip is long.
And it wasn’t pretty.

But it was beautiful. The land is amazing. It rolls and swells; it is flat and solid. There are fields and trees; mountains; creeks and lakes and rivers. It is mesmerizing.

I would drive it again, the whole 1200 miles.
There was so much I saw that I want to see again.
There was so much I missed that I want to have another chance to look at.

It was beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. guess what?! you'll get the chance on the way back home later! love you, katie b.

    ReplyDelete