Friday, March 6, 2009

I have issues.
I discriminate against institutions who proudly label themselves "Southern Baptist." I just know that they are a certain way, and that I- in all my Jenny-ness- would not be truly welcome there; that I won't fit their mold.

At least, that is what I think.
There are only so many things that I am willing to change in order to fit into a group of people. (And honestly, I should say "adjust" not "change.")

So, that is what I thought.
And I promise you, I am not changing myself to fit in; that I won't change myself in order to fit in...

But, here I am: associating myself with a mega-church, a proudly Southern Baptist church. And I am thankful for it, I am thankful that I've been welcomed, and I am looking forward to making more inroads.

I guess I am changing, but not too much.
Let's just say that I have been challenged to let some discriminations go- and that's not a bad thing, not a bad change.

No comments:

Post a Comment