Tuesday, April 14, 2009

fires..




I posted a few days ago about the grass fires that were in the area. I told you that I was safe, because they were about 20 min away from my location. Well, I found out the next day that it was a scary reality for one of my new friends. She had a policeman near her house at the crossroads monitoring a fire that was close by. He was posted there in case to warn the next few neighbors to evacuate if needed. The fire came within 2 miles of her property.

On the way to her house the next day, a new fire ignited. I saw smoke in the distance, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together until I was prevented from going any further by a police road block. I had to call my friend to get new directions to her house. It is a good thing that this area in OK functions on a grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment