Thursday, February 26, 2009

Driving: Day 1

We left later than I had planned. And I cracked open the Diet Coke way too early. Rand asked for the iPod pretty early on. I was afraid that he was going to get tired of it pretty soon; but he was willing to play along with differentiation and variation. So, he also played with toys, listened to music, and watched cartoons on my laptop. Oh, and he wore my hat all around I40. That was so funny. (Okay, maybe the looks that he was getting were funnier.....nah!)

Some comments on the day:

1. Why in the world doesn't the Asheville McDonald's have a Playplace? I really think that would make so much more sense.

2. Stress, high emotions, and diet coke combine into a deadly force: killer headache.

3. Rand and I had a great 30 seconds in the tunnel on I40. (I want to say that was his first ever tunnel.)

4. I wish I could have stopped on the side of the road to take pictures of the ice. There were icicles (some huge) dripping from the rocks on the side of the highway. Absolutely amazing. And Rand thought so too.

5. McDonald's Playplaces are scarce in the mountains. Be prepared.

6. I forgot about being in a different time zone. Oops.

7. So glad that there are hotel coupon books in McDonald's.

8. I spent A LOT of time in McD's, huh? Really, it isn't as bad as it sounds.

9. I think writing and reading "Rand's Book" beforehand REALLY has helped make this trip an easier thing for Rand.

10. I am tired.

1 comment:

  1. I've read all of your posts so far, but I have no idea what is going on... I mean, I know you're traveling somewhere, but are you on vacation? sebatical? unknown journey? How long are you gone for? Is everything okay?

    ReplyDelete